Thursday, February 5, 2009

Whatever Happened to Good Samaritans?

So, my car is dead. And by dead, I mean I'm pretty sure that the damages it received in an accident yesterday is more $ than it's worth.

So here's what happened. A car 2 cars ahead of me slammed on his breaks, the man in front of me slammed his, I slammed mine.... I stopped in time, and thought THANK GOD. Then my car started moving, and I couldn't stop it... the guy behind me knocked me into the car in front of me. I cried, and hurt my neck, the back and front of my beloved Subaru were smashed, and etc etc.. then I turned to look at the car behind me, and he left before I could see what kind of car it was!!!! He went around me and the car I hit with the rest of rush hour. Plus, no one stopped. The elderly man I hit had no clue what the hit and run driver's car looked like, neither did I.

So, what ever happened o the Good Samaritan. Why did no one see fit to stop and say "Hey, that car looked like this" or even "Are you ok?" My car was in pretty bad shape! And, who hits some person, badly at that, and just drives away????? Luckily I got out with just a minor neck injury.

Ugh. Oh well, hopefully my car is fixable, and if not, I hope they give me enough $$ to buy a new one.

In better news, hablo espanol! Y yo estoy muy bien! Me gusta mis clases este semestre.

In other words, I've greatly improved my spanish, I can actually speak it. And, I quite like my classes this semester. Even my calc class is bearable, which says a lot for me.

1 comment:

  1. I had my car totalled in pretty much the same way. I was stopped at a red light when a woman slammed into my Tempo, pushing it into the truck in front of me. My seat snapped back and I cracked two back teeth. Luckily, a bystander with a cell phone called the police. The woman who hit me wouldn't get out of her car to see if I was alright. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete