Friday, January 30, 2009

Playdate- the young mom's saviour.

Today was a playdate day. I (and Zeke) always look forward to playdate- best friends, kids my son gets along great with, and an excuse to eat chicke nuggets and mac n' cheese.

Today got me thinking how much all the kids have grown. As if it isn't crazy enough how old Zeke's gotten, the baby of our group just turned 1!!!

The funniest thing ever; one of the little girls, Lilly, picks uo a baby doll and pats her on the back saying, "it's ok baby, you're safe." Oh Lord I almost died laughing.

On top of it all, Zeke is the only boy. He loves it- but sometimes it worries me that he wants pigtails in his hair and loves baby dolls. It's all good, he's a ladies man already and he isn't even two.


Long story short, the four of us mommies share the five kids between us. We're each others' last minute sitters, designated 'take the kid to the doctor while I'm at work' person, and best friends. It got me thinking, maybe it does take a village to raise a child. Obviously, I'm Zeke's mom and disciplinarian, but why can't Jackie or Rachel or Chrissy influence him? I think it's great that our families have such a tight network. Plus, I much prefer the dad friends Nick has to his other friends

Does everyone have a network like this? It's like a serrogate family for us.

1 comment: