Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My child doesn't like fishsticks

My child loves fish- in a pet kinda way. We took him to the Baltimore Aquarium, he loved it. He even has a pet Betta named "Pee Pee." Zeke chose the name himself.



However, we went to playgroup today and for lunch we made the kids fishsticks. This would be my son's first taste of the processed childhood favorite... and he hates them. Is it maybe just the label "fish." Is it possible that my 21 month old toddler has such an attachment to his pet he refuses to eat its kin? Or maybe he just thinks they're that gross.



All I know is he gave his fish a kiss when he got home. It was by far one of the most adorable and yet puzzling things I've ever seen him do.



The other young mommies and I all agree we have some strang kids. Jasmine growls instead of giggling. Emmie has hams for legs and Bee likes sniffing people. Lilly is OCD, and my child has an affinity for fish.



Oh goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment