Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Pet chinchillas and imaginary friends.

People often ask how Nick and I met. See, Nick and I disagree on how we met. His friend Ali and I were honors art students for our county in high school. I specifically remember meeting Nick at one of our galleries fall of my senior year.. mostly because my boyfriend at the time was reallllly po-ed the Nick was flirting. Eck, my ex bf.

Anyhoo, we bumped into one another at severeal parties, etc. He also worked at my favorite place to eat on my lunch break while working on the weekend. Then, he moved to CA briefly in January. He friend requested me on Myspace, and we sent messages back and forth. I would always et butterflies in my stomach whenI saw he had sent me a message. We talked about our favorite animals, our imaginary friends growing up, even me getting elbowed in the eye by a banana.. long story.

So, he moved back to MD in March, and we started dating shortly after. We went to my senior prom, and I practically spent all summer haning out with him and my BFF Lauren at his apartment. That was the best summer ever.



He claims we met on Myspace. Of course, I hold to the fact that we met at parties, art shows, etc. Is it weird that I get kind of emabarassed that he says we met on Myspace? I suppose I don't want the stigma of a "Myspace ho."


I mean, here we are years later, married with a handsome baby boy.
Regardless, to this day we send silly messages back and forth on Myspace while he works midnight shift... and I still get giddy when I see the New Messages! icon on my screen. I suppose it keeps things fresh, and reminds me of that excitement of new love. I my husband.

Oh silly yet simple pleasures in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment