Monday, March 16, 2009

Marriage, oh marriage.

Society often sees "temptation" strictly as a problem for husbands. You know, there's a hot secretary, or some chick jogging that winks at him, etc. I think few people realize what wives often pass up because of their commitment to their spouses. Now, I'm not saying women never cheat, I'm saying this woman doesn't.

I think my husbands hot, that's a given. But I swear, in the past week I have been asked out, hit on and even given a phone number by three different, and three very attractive, guys. One guy is in my sociology class, so he has access to my email, etc... awkward. Two of these incidents happened while I was with my child... desperate much? I mean, I guess some guys see a young mom as the whole package, wife and family in one step, voila.

This is what I'm getting at; many times I find myself wanting to go out to a club, dance with 'x' number of guys... skank it up. But, I'm not the average single 21-year-old. First and foremost, I'm a mom, and regardless of if I were married or not, I owe it to my child to not do that. Second, I'm married, I made a commitment to Nick. Some people say they one day realize I am stuck with [insert name here] forever? Same conversations, same sex, same mundane cycle?

I love our same mundane cycle, and I wouldn't trade it for the world... even if that Justin guy has the most toned arms I have ever seen.

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you. We as moms owe it to our babies to BE A MOM..and not a slut! haha I have found myself daydreaming about going out like I used to, before I had Reagan, but then QUICKLY snap back to reality and feel stupid for WANTING to go back to that life. I am also 21 and I'll admit,I sometimes go out for cocktails with a few girlfriends, while my dad watches R. I don't see any harm in that at all! It's the slutty part I have a problem with. haha Being a single young mom, I feel more obligated to act as a real mother should, and not skank it up at the bar every weekend. and with that I applaud you for addressing this issue! and applaud you for being in love with your hubby and not calling Justin with the "drop-dead gorgeous, let me wipe the drool off of my mouth" toned arms..hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been 24 years for me and my husband is still My Handsome Prince despite the eye candy I see while working in a gym. There is absolute beauty in the mundane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this happens to me all the time, too. it's like, do you not see the rings on my finger??? or the fact that i keep saying 'my husband'? jeez. i value our marriage. a lot of guys see married women as a 'challenge' too. i just don't get men.

    ReplyDelete